Design Process for additions, basements and other remodel projects
- Information meeting at your home to gather information about the project and a list your desired features -We measure, photograph and analyze existing construction.
- Copeland then has preliminary plans drawn and determines scope of work and the preliminary costs.
- Meet to discuss the project and costs.
- We may need a design contract signed at this time depending the complexity of the project.
- Meet as necessary with architect, builder, and client to develop final plans and costs.
- If project is feasible for client, we sign the build contract which will include plans, specifications, costs, scope of work, and job schedule.
- Client selections are made at suppliers' showrooms.
- Permits are secured by the contractor.
- Work begins.
Design Process for Kitchens and Bathrooms
- Information meeting at your home to gather information about your wishes for your project. Jonathan Copeland, builder, meets with you. We discuss budget range and features.
- Meeting at our distributor show room across from Merchandise Mart to view the cabinet product lines and features. Jonathan Copeland and Wendy Illian, designer-architect, meet with you to finalize your wish list and costs ranges.
- If you like what we have done so far, we sign a design contract for the production of plans.
- Designer goes to work.
- Subsequent meetings as necessary for development of features, plans, specifications and costs.
- We present you with final plans, specifications, costs, and a contract for the new kitchen or bathroom. We determine a delivery date and work schedule.
- If the project is a go, we sign a work contract.
After signing, we order cabinets. Client and designer choose appliances and other features.
With the delivery date established by the factory, we start work site preparations in anticipation of the cabinet delivery date.
The client chooses top slab at marble showroom.
We install new floor if part of contract.
Cabinets arrive on job site and are installed.
Tops, electrical, plumbing work is performed.
Knobs and other hardware are installed.
Kitchen is detailed and finished.
Raywal cabinets are built in Canada and offer full overlay cabinets in a wide variety of woods, finishes and styles. Plywood boxes, Blumotion drawer glides, heavy European hinges, thick doors, in variety of finishes are offered.
Cabinets by Wentworth Furniture are built in Pompano Beach, Florida. Wentworth offers a wider variety of woods and unlimited custom finishes, full overlay and inset door styles (1 ¼" thick) with furniture style hinges. This company makes some of the highest quality kitchens in the world at affordable prices.
Aster Cuciene cabinets from Milan, Italy - the best in contemporary Italian style.